The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) is a 4-year reimbursement option for eligible local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools participating in both the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP) that wish to offer free school meals to all children in high poverty schools without collecting household applications. It is intended to improve access to free school meals in eligible high poverty LEAs and schools.
· Lunches and breakfast are served free to all students in participating schools
· No household applications for free and reduced price meals are collected
· No verification of free and reduced applications is required
· Potential for increased meal participation rates, especially breakfast
· Simplifies the counting and claiming process by not having to track free, reduced and paid students