Here are some helpful resources to help understand exactly what the novel coronavirus is and the disease that it causes (COVID-19). Please read through these materials and watch the videos to help understand this unique pathogen.
- Coronavirus Pandemic Facts for Kids
- Coronavirus Explained by Nanogirl (YouTube)
- ROBert explains the coronavirus (YouTube)
- My Name is Coronavirus (PDF) by Manuela Molina
- COVID-19 Explained by Kurzgesagt (YouTube)
- Marlon Bundo (a rabbit) explaining a virus (PDF)
- Links to other resources (DOCX)
Objectives of lesson:
- Students should be able to explain how the virus spreads
- Students should be able to explain that even people without symptoms can spread the disease to vulnerable populations such as aanas and taatas and other elders.
- Students should be able to explain why preventative protocols are effective in preventing the spread of the virus
- Students should also be able to explain how to use preventative protocols effectively